Avon Skin So Soft Review Plus Uses For It
I have personally used this for more years than I will admit to. My mother used it all the time; she was a HUGE Avon fan. This review is for the Skin So Soft Original scent. It has a pleasant scent and has many uses. Even though I have many allergies, this product is not over powering (which is where my biggest problem is with scents, they burn my eyes) and I have sensitive skin so I do use this sparingly or diluted and have not had a problem with it affecting my skin. I just don’t use it on a daily basis as I like to mix up what scents I wear and try not to combine the different smells at one time.
If you do have sensitive skin you should try a small amount on your skin first to see how you will react to it, because although I have not had an issue another person might.
It’s pretty affordable for the size, amount you actually use and for all the great uses you can do with it. A lot of things for animals is 5/1 (5 parts water/1part SSS) so you are not using a lot of SSS, a few drops in your bath, mix with water in a spray bottle to suit you for keeping bugs at bay. Looks like right now you can get a 25 ounce bottle normally for $27 or on sale for about $16 or you can get the set below to try out for yourself.
If you want a killer deal visit my e-store before July 9th 2018 and you can get a great set of Skin so Soft products that is a $65 value for under $25 and you get all this great stuff in the set:•
- 2 Skin So Soft Original Shower Gels
- Skin So Soft Original Body Oil
- Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil Spray
- Skin So Soft Original Body Lotion
- Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Hand Cream
- Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Body Wash
Limit one per customer and unfortunately it is available ONLY to US residents, but if you are looking for this deal and live outside the US, please let me know and I will find you a rep that can help you with it.
Avon ranks this as America’s number one bath oil, and they do sell a lot of it. Avon products can be found in various magazines and is located all over the world. I have found websites that do rank this in the top 10 for the last few years. Places such as Best Reviews which is an awesome site to look up reviews ranks it at number 9.
Just to be fair and show that I am not playing favorites, I will look at what others say also (Avon does not endorse this product to be used as anything other than bath oil and has come out with a wonderful line of bug repellents so named the Bug Guard line. They are great product), but as for my list below it does say that you can use it as a bug guard and it does work fairly well, I have used it as such myself getting rid of ants and I do not get bit by mosquito’s. But there is the Consumer Review that says in their test the product does not work that well and you can find what they have to say here. It does agree it does work to an extent, but only on a few things and only for a couple hours. There are supposed to be articles in Field and Stream and Outdoor Life. I have yet to find these articles, but will update when I find them.
I have seen this work on ants, which have been horrible this year, they do not like it and it kills them quickly and seems they don’t like to go through it. I have not tried it yet, but I am going to, putting it in a sprayer and spraying my yard. If anyone has tried this please let me know how it went, I would love to hear from you.
Here is the list of ingredients that this product contains:
MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE
SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL
DIETHYLHEXYL SODIUM SULFOSUCCINATE
Below you will find many of the uses for Skin So Soft and any that I have personally used will be in a different color.
Disclaimer: Avon SSS Original Bath Oil is America’s Number 1 bath oil.
BUT…Avon markets it and sells it ONLY as a Bath Oil.
Avon will not be held liable for any problems arising with
using the Bath Oil in any manner inconsistent with the package instructions.
- Bath Oil and after shower moisturizer
- Eye makeup remover
- Tanning oil (PLEASE NOTE: NO SUNSCREEN/BLOCK!)
- Massage oil
- Mild insect repellent
- Relieves itchy skin due to dryness
- Cleans off tape marks left on skin from bandages
- Cleans ink off skin
- Cleans grease and oil off skin
- Removes paint from hands (better& safer than turpentine)
- Soothes light sunburn
- Put 1-2 cap full in LIQUID SOAP and use it for shaving legs and under arms. Razor glides with no razor burn
- Pour a little into your Foot Soaker, helps feet relax
- Removes chewing gum from hair, skin and most non-pourus surfaces
- Original Scent works GREAT on Head Lice! Saturate head and keep it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse well. LICE ARE GONE! You will need to wash the hair a number of times to remove the oiliness, but lice are gone.
- Great Hot oil treatment for your hair
- Hot oil treatment for nails and cuticles
- Use on baby’s head for cradle cap
- Use towlettes around window and doors – keep bugs out
- Kills ants instantly
- Cleans ink off rubber stamps
- Wood cleaner and conditioner for cabinets and furniture
- Removes glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass, metals and most plastics.
- Removes soap scum from shower doors, curtains, bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Removes lime and water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows
- Oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won’t slip together
- Cleans ink off most vinyl painted surfaces
- Takes fur and animal hair off of clothing
- Removes crayon markings from appliances and most surfaces
- Clean and conditions leather
- Use it on the air conditioner filter. Your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter will be easier to clean in the future
- Cleans paint brushes and keeps them looking like new
- Removes gum from carpets
- Removes scuff marks from leather shoes
- Removes “ring around the collar”
- Removes candle wax from furniture, carpets and clothing
- HUMMINGBIRD FEEDERS: To deter bees – try rubbing SSS on the feeder surface
- Great Furniture polish
- Put SSS in one of the bottles you attach to your backyard hose and spray your entire backyard. Will cut down on ants and other creepy crawlies and flying bugs (have not tried, but planning to this summer)
- Spray on flowerbeds to keep deer from eating the blooms
- Kills spiders
- It’s a fabric softener in the wash
- Use SSS in an oil burner outside to repel bugs. I use the ones with the little dish on top and a tea light below. Just put a capful or so of SSS into the dish and light the tea light. Your patio will smell great; it works better than citronella candles, and no citronella smell!
- Screens can be lightly sprayed with Avon SSS spray to repel tiny gnats (also when breeze goes gives off a pleasant scent)
- Try this recipe: mix one part SSS and 2 parts water and spray on tomato plants to keep those ugly old tomato worms off. Spray plants about every 2 or 3 days. Works great!!
- Great insect repellent for your pet (As recommended in “Outdoor Life” and “Field and Stream”)
- Mix 5 parts water, 1 part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing is easier and coat will “gleam”
- Mix in pet’s bath water for flea removal
- Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong “odor”
- For DOG DRY SKIN: 1 Tablespoon of SSS per gallon of water and use as an after bath rinse, or spritz your dogs coat once a week
- Tar and asphalt removal on pads of animals feet
- FLEA REPELLANT: 1 1/2oz of SSS per gallon of water – sponge dip or spritz.
- FLEA BATH: use after shampooing with a FLEA AND TICK SHAMPOO (your choice of brand)
- A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to rub Skin-So-Soft spray into the skin. Fleas don’t like it either
- Cats: SSS IS SAFE FOR FUR. Don’t overuse the SSS. Use the lotion, and rub it into the skin, not more than every few days
- BLACK FLY SPRAY: 1 cup SSS, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water
- Hoof polisher without drying
- Muzzle, eye and ear enhancer
- Horses that have allergies and also get dry skin very easily can get baths in SSS. Bathe her like normal and then put a capful of SSS in a 5-gallon bucket of warm water and sponge this all over her. Her coat dries silky soft and she quits itching
- Removes tar spots from car without damaging the paint
- Clean and moisturize all the vinyl in the automobile
- After washing, spray on tires for a conditioner and shine
- Put some on a small washcloth and leave in the car – keeps air fresh and clean
- Cleans grease off hands after working on your car
- Removes tree sap
- Prior to traveling, rub SSS on headlights and car grill – makes cleaning easier
- Wipe down vinyl surfaces inside your car. Cleans nicely and removes smoke odors left by cigarette smokers
- Spray SSS oil spray on the outside of the tent, especially near the door & windows and it keeps mosquitoes away. (I will be trying this during the summer and let you know)
All the ones in blue I have personally done and vouch work for me. The others I have gathered from various people and sources throughout the web. There is said to be up to 104 uses for it and some of those are just taking and making this list a little longer where I have tried to keep things together, such as using on legs and underarms as one, not two uses. So if you are interested in trying this great product contact your local Avon Rep today or if you are in the US stop by my e-store and have it delivered to your door for this summer. If you are outside of the US you may contact me and I will gladly help you find an Avon Rep in your area. You can also check out the great line of Bug Guard products that is available. Please feel free to let me know if you have tried any of these great uses and what your results were, I would love to hear from you about it.